Car accidents can be overwhelming and devastating, especially when they happen close to home. If you’ve experienced an accident in Aurora, IL, it’s essential to understand your rights and the potential compensation you might be entitled to.
Our team at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers is here to advocate for you.
With over three decades of combined experience in personal injury law, we have a proven track record of aiding accident victims throughout Illinois. Our seasoned Aurora car accident lawyers will ensure that you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Have you or a loved one been hurt in a crash in Aurora, Illinois? If so, you may have many questions. We’re here to provide clear, easy-to-understand answers. Call (312) 929-2884 for a free consultation with Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers.
How Can Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Car Accident in Aurora, IL?
If you’ve been in an accident, it’s essential to have someone on your side who understands the law and truly cares about helping you.
Hire our Illinois personal injury law firm, and you can trust us to:
- Investigate the cause of the accident
- Identify parties who have contributed to the accident
- Gather evidence to help establish fault and the full extent of your damages
- Handle communications with insurance providers and other parties on your behalf
- Handle claims, case deadlines, and paperwork
- Negotiate fair compensation on your behalf
Contact our Aurora personal injury lawyers today for a free initial consultation. We promise to stand by your side, fight for your rights, and work to get you the fair compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers?
Here’s what our legal team brings to the table:
- Years of Experience: Our team has handled many car accident cases in Aurora, IL. With over 30 years of combined experience, we know the ins and outs of car accident laws.
- A Track Record of Excellence: Our awards and recognitions show our commitment to doing the best for our clients.
- Results That Speak for Themselves: Since our firm opened in 2011, we’ve secured tens of millions of dollars for our clients. This compensation has helped them pay medical bills, cover lost wages, and move forward after accidents.
- We’re Here For You: At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe in clear communication. We’re not just your lawyers; think of us as your guides, helping you every step of the way after an accident.
Don’t face the challenges of an accident alone. Our Aurora personal injury attorneys are here to help.
Car Accident Statistics in Illinois
In 2021, Illinois experienced a total of 295,604 car crashes. Of these, 20.6% resulted in injuries, while less than 1% were fatal. The severe injuries were a part of 12.4% of the injury crashes.
Motorcycles were involved in 1.1% of all crashes, making up 13.8% of the fatal collisions and 3.9% of the injury accidents. Big trucks, or tractor-trailers, played a role in 3.8% of all crashes, being in 8.5% of the deadly ones and 3% of those with injuries.
Speeding was a big issue. It was the cause of 31.9% of all crashes, including 44.4% of the fatal collisions and 36.9% of the ones with injuries. Out of all the fatal crashes, 83.6% happened on dry roads, while 43.8% took place during daylight hours. It’s essential to be cautious and safe while on the road.
What is My Aurora Car Accident Case Worth?
If you’ve been in a car accident in Aurora, Illinois, you might wonder how much money you could receive if you file a claim. The value of your claim depends on a few important things:
Your claim might be worth more if you’re hurt. More severe injuries usually mean more substantial medical bills and longer recovery times. It’s not just about the doctor’s fees. Consider medicine costs, therapy sessions, and future medical needs related to the accident. All of these play a role in deciding the value of your claim.
Another factor is your loss of income because you can’t work. If your injuries made you miss work or affect your ability to do your job in the future, this could also increase the value of your claim. You deserve to be compensated for the money you’re losing out on.
If your car was damaged or you lost other things in the accident, you should be paid back for those, too. The cost to repair or replace them adds to the claim value.
Sometimes, accidents can affect more than just our health. You may not be able to enjoy hobbies anymore, or you may need help with daily tasks. If the accident changed the quality of your life, this should also be considered.
Every car accident and situation is different. So, it’s essential to talk to an Aurora car accident attorney who can help determine your claim’s true worth.
What Kinds of Damages Are Available to Car Accident Victims in Aurora, Illinois?
If someone is hurt or faces harm because of another person’s actions, they can ask for money to help make things right. This money is called “damages,” and there are two main types.
Economic damages have a clear price tag. Here’s what they include:
- Medical Bills: These costs can be covered if someone gets hurt and needs to see a doctor or buy medicine.
- Lost Wages: If people can’t go to work because of their injuries, they’re losing money. They can claim the income and benefits they would have earned if they weren’t hurt.
- Repair Costs: If something like a car or a bicycle gets damaged, it might need to be fixed or replaced.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include things like travel, childcare costs, and other expenses you pay due to your accident or injuries.
Non-economic damages are harder to price because they’re about feelings and experiences. Here’s what they include:
- Pain and Suffering: This is for the physical pain and discomfort someone feels after getting hurt.
- Emotional Distress: Sometimes, an accident can cause a person to feel scared, sad, or stressed for a long time. They can ask for money to help with these feelings.
- Loss of Companionship: If the hurt person can’t spend time with loved ones like before, like playing with their kids or enjoying time with their spouse, they can claim that loss.
A car accident attorney in Aurora can help you identify and calculate the accurate value of your damages.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Aurora, IL?
If you’re thinking about the cost, don’t worry! At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we use a system called “contingency fees.” This means we only get paid if we win your case. So, there’s no need to pay us any money upfront. It’s like a promise – you owe us nothing if we don’t help you win. This way, everyone can get legal help without stressing about the cost.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed For a Car Accident in Illinois?
Illinois uses modified comparative negligence when multiple people share fault for an accident. It sounds complicated, but it means that you can still get some money even if the accident was partly your fault – up to a certain point.
The recoverable amount depends on how much the accident was your fault. For example, if the accident was 20% your fault, you might receive 20% less money. But you can still get the other 80% of your damages.
However, if your share of fault exceeds 50%, you’ll be unable to recover compensation from another party.
We Can Help You Receive the Compensation You Need for All Your Car Accident Injuries
After a car accident, you might have different types of injuries, such as:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
Whatever your injury is, we’re here to help you get the money you need for your recovery.
How Can I Show That the Other Driver Was At Fault for a Car Accident in Illinois?
If you want to show that the other driver was negligent, there are certain things you need to prove.
- First, you must show that the driver was supposed to be careful on the road. In other words, they owed you a duty of care.
- Then, you need to prove that they weren’t careful, and that’s why the accident happened (they breached their duty of care).
- Next, you must show that because of their mistake, you got hurt.
- Lastly, you must show that you had losses, like medical bills, because of the accident.
A car accident lawyer in Aurora can help you prove the elements of negligence by gathering crucial evidence.
What Is the Deadline To File a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Illinois?
If you were involved in a car accident in Illinois and want to ask for money for your injuries, you must do it quickly. The state’s statute of limitations typically provides only two years from the day of the accident to file your claim. If you wait longer than that, you might not be able to get any compensation. Additionally, there may be exceptions to the two-year deadline.
Therefore, it’s important to seek advice as soon as possible.
Contact Our Aurora Car Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident in Aurora, IL, don’t delay seeking legal assistance. Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers are here to support, guide, and fight for you.