Large truck accidents are common in Chicago, Illinois. Nationwide, large trucks make up about 9.3% of vehicles involved in fatal accidents. That is about the same as in Illinois.
With 30 years of combined legal experience, our Chicago truck accident lawyers at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers have the skills and resources to handle the most complex tow truck accident cases. Since opening our law firm in 2011, we have recorded millions of dollars in jury verdicts and negotiated settlements. Let us help you get the money you deserve.
How Our Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Tow Truck Accident
Tow truck accidents are different from accidents involving other vehicles. These crashes might involve multiple parties with large pockets to fight accident claims. Therefore, experience counts when you hire a Chicago tow truck accident lawyer.
Our attorneys at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers have many awards and distinctions. They have been recognized by leading organizations, including the National Trial Lawyers and Super Lawyers. Our Illinois truck accident lawyers aggressively pursue all parties who could be liable for your damages to maximize your recovery.
When you hire our award-winning legal team, we will:
- Monitor the truck accident investigations by state and national government agencies and law enforcement offices
- Conduct an independent investigation to determine how the tow truck crash occurred
- File insurance claims and personal injury claims
- Work with you, your physicians, and medical specialists to determine the extent of your injuries and damages
- Hire leading expert witnesses and commercial trucking experts as needed
- Fight to obtain the maximum settlement for your truck accident case
- File a lawsuit and fiercely argue the case before a jury, if necessary
Don’t try to fight the trucking company and insurance provider alone. Let our experienced Chicago tow truck accident attorneys take on that fight for you. Call now for a free case evaluation from one of our truck accident attorneys in Chicago, IL.
How Are Two Truck Accidents in Chicago Different From Other Types of Traffic Crashes?
There are two primary differences you encounter when dealing with an auto accident involving a tow truck:
Commercial Vehicle Regulations
Tow trucks are commercial vehicles. Therefore, they are subject to state and federal truck regulations, such as maintenance, insurance, and driver requirements. Trucking regulations can significantly impact a tow truck accident case.
Experienced Chicago truck accident attorneys, like our lawyers at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, understand these regulations. They know how to use the rules to your advantage in a personal injury case. Lawyers with little experience handling truck accident claims might not thoroughly understand truck regulations and rules.
The Size of the Vehicle
Tow trucks come in various sizes and shapes. The types of tow trucks you might encounter on the road include flatbed, integrated, hook & chain, wheel lift, and rollback tow trucks. The one thing they all have in common is they are much larger and heavier than a passenger vehicle.
Because of their size and weight, tow trucks can cause much more damage in a collision with a passenger vehicle. Therefore, the injuries in a tow truck accident include catastrophic injuries, such as spinal cord injuries, complex fractures, traumatic brain injury, internal organ injury, amputations, and severe disfigurement.
The risk of sustaining life-threatening injuries and permanent impairments is high in a tow truck accident.
What Causes Tow Truck Accidents in Chicago, IL?
Every accident is unique. Therefore, the factors that lead to the accident vary. However, common reasons for tow truck accidents include:
- Violations of driving regulations, such as illegal lane changes, tailgating, speeding, and failure to yield
- Driver negligence, including distracted driving, inexperience, fatigue, and impaired driving
- Lack of proper maintenance and safety checks
- Damaged or defective vehicle parts and system malfunctions
- Negligent employment practices, including failing to conduct drug/alcohol tests and hiring unskilled drivers
- Overloaded trucks and failing to secure loads properly
One or more parties could be responsible for damages caused by a tow truck accident. The driver, tow truck owner, trucking company, loaders, maintenance facilities, manufacturers, and other parties could share liability for damages.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Chicago Tow Truck Accident in Chicago, Illinois?
Accident victims can typically recover compensation for their economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain
- Lost wages and decreases in earning capacity
- Permanent impairment and disabilities
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Out-of-pocket expense
If you want to know how much your tow truck accident claim is worth, talk with one of our Chicago tow truck accident lawyers. We explain your legal rights and the factors that impact how much your case is worth.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Truck Crash Lawyer in Chicago
Now is the time to call for a free consultation with an experienced Chicago tow truck accident attorney. Your time to file a claim is limited by the Illinois statute of limitations, and truck accident cases take time to investigate. Call us today to schedule a free case review from one of our Chicago truck accident lawyers.