If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Chicago, IL, you may be able to pursue compensation. Motorcycle injuries can impact every aspect of your life. An experienced Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more. Call us at (312) 929 2884 for legal help.
Our attorneys have years of experience handling personal injury matters. We have the resources to help you recover the maximum compensation available.
You shouldn’t wait to seek legal advice if you were injured in an accident. Contact our law offices in Chicago, Illinois, to schedule a free consultation with our trusted lawyers today. Our team also speaks Spanish and Arabic to better serve our diverse community.
How Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle riders are extremely vulnerable to severe injuries in an accident. Those injuries can be expensive to treat–only adding insult to the pain and suffering you’re enduring. Fortunately, victims are entitled to pursue compensation under Illinois personal injury laws.
When the insurance company is making the claims process difficult, contact an experienced Chicago personal injury lawyer at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers for help. Our lawyers have been recognized by Super Lawyers as well as the National Trial Lawyers. We’ve already helped our clients recover tens of millions of dollars in compensation.
When you trust us with your case, we will:
- Investigate and determine the cause of your accident
- Identify all forms of available insurance coverage
- Calculate the full value of your personal injury claim
- Stand up for you if the insurance company tries to pin the blame on you
- Retain experts who can strengthen your case
- Negotiate full compensation with the insurance company
It’s not too early to get started. Contact our Chicago personal injury attorneys to learn more about your legal options today.
How Often Do Motorcycle Accidents Occur in Chicago?
Based on data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, 2,404 motorcyclists were injured statewide in 2020. A total of 152 motorcycle riders were killed that year. The vast majority of all of those motorcycle accidents happened in urban areas like Chicago.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to seek medical treatment immediately. Even if you are able to walk away from the scene, your injuries may not be immediately apparent. Once you’re able to, contact our lawyers in Chicago to learn more about how we can fight to protect your legal rights.
How Do I Know How Much My Chicago Motorcycle Accident Is Case Worth?
This is always a difficult question to answer. Injuries impact accident victims in different ways because, of course, no two people are exactly the same. Evaluating your case value requires balancing a number of different factors that can vary from case to case.
Among the important factors to consider are:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- Your prognosis and prospects for making a full recovery
- How the injury impacts your ability to work and earn a living
- Whether you will suffer from a permanent impairment that will impact your future earnings
- How your lifestyle and quality of life change due to the injury
- The cost of your medical treatment and other out-of-pocket expenses you incur
- The circumstances of the crash and whether you share any blame
- The emotional trauma and physical pain you’ve suffered
Insurance companies typically focus on factors that could reduce your case value. They may claim that your injuries were pre-existing or blame you for causing the accident. Because motorcycle accident injuries tend to be severe, you should expect the insurance company to fight even harder to downplay your injuries.
Our Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys are here to protect you during the claims process. We have a reputation for helping clients recover fair compensation for their injuries in even the most complex personal injury cases. To learn more about how we can help, call for a free case review today.
What Kinds of Damages Can Motorcycle Accident Victims Recover?
Injury victims in Illinois are entitled to seek compensation for all of their losses. Damages are classified depending on the type of loss involved. Under Illinois personal injury laws, you can recover both economic damages and non-economic damages if your personal injury case is successful.
Examples of the types of damages you may recover include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages, income, and employment benefits
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety and other types of mental health conditions
- Loss of consortium
Sadly, motorcycle wrecks are sometimes fatal. If you lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident, our lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for funeral expenses, medical costs, and the loss of your loved one’s company and support.
Can I Seek Compensation If I’m Being Blamed After a Motorcycle Accident in Chicago, Illinois?
Illinois has adopted a modified comparative negligence standard with a 51% bar to recovery. In plain English, that means you can recover compensation if you are less than 51% responsible for the accident. Once your share of blame reaches or exceeds 51%, you cannot seek compensation for your injuries.
If your share of fault is less than 51%, but greater than 0%, your settlement or verdict will be reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault.
Motorcycle Accident Victims Often Suffer Severe and Life-Changing Injuries
The injuries you sustain in a motorcycle accident can change your life forever. Even if you’re lucky enough to walk away with minimal injuries, you could face months of rehabilitation and recovery.
At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers often handle motorcycle accident claims involving:
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Catastrophic injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Even when wearing a helmet, motorcyclists do not have much protection in a car accident. Of course, that means injured motorcyclists often suffer severe injuries. If you were injured, don’t hesitate to take legal action. Contact our law firm in Chicago to learn more about how we can help you fight for the maximum compensation.
What Are the Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Chicago, Illinois?
Thousands of motorcycle wrecks are reported across Illinois each year.
The common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to motorcyclists
- Weaving between lanes
- Aggressive driving
- Unsafe passing
- Racing through intersections
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Poor visibility
- Road hazards
- Defective vehicle safety equipment
Do you need help determining the cause of your accident? Our Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys are here to help you find out what happened. You can get the legal advice you deserve by reaching out to our team for a free initial consultation today.
How Do I Establish Liability After a Motorcycle Crash in Illinois?
Depending on the cause of your accident, one or more parties may be liable for paying your damages. Negligence is the most common legal theory involved in motorcycle accident cases.
To successfully prove negligence, you must show:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached that duty by some act or omission
- The breach of duty caused your accident
- You sustained damages
It’s important to have strong evidence to back up your insurance claim. Insurance adjusters are much more likely to take your case seriously if you have a strong legal team by your side.
At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we know how to gather the evidence you need, including:
- Police and accident reports
- Video footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Photos of the crash scene and vehicles involved
- Medical records
- Opinions from experts in various fields
You may still be recovering from your injuries in the hospital. That doesn’t mean it’s too soon to seek legal guidance and support. Our lawyers are here to discuss your case anytime, so give us a call for a free case evaluation today.
How Much Time Do I Have To File a Motorcycle Accident Claim in the State of Illinois?
Accident victims have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Illinois. Most of the time, the two-year statute of limitations is a firm deadline. Once two years pass, you cannot sue the responsible party for damages even if you were seriously injured.
Different deadlines could apply depending on the facts of your case. For example, you’ll have less time to act if the City of Chicago was somehow at-fault for the accident. For the best results, it’s always a good idea to consult an experienced lawyer as soon as possible after an accident.
Contact a Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation
Were you recently injured in a motorcycle wreck? Is your loved one struggling with painful injuries? Our team at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Chicago motorcycle accident attorney today.
Our personal injury law firm in Chicago, IL, also provides:
- Amusement Park Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Aviation/Airplane Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Boating Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Burn injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Car Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Catastrophic Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Child Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Construction Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Dog Bite Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Mass Transit Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Product Liability Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Train Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Chicago, IL