Were you or a loved one injured in a plane accident near Chicago, IL? Recovering fair compensation for your injuries can greatly help with your recovery–and protect your future. An experienced Chicago aviation/airplane accident lawyer at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Between us, our lawyers have over 30 years of experience handling complicated personal injury law cases. Since we founded our law firm in 2011, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars to help our injured clients move on with their lives.
A plane crash can be terrifying. The aftermath can be overwhelming. Contact our law offices in Chicago, Illinois, at (312) 929-2884 to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer who can help you understand your legal options.
How Can Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Help Me Pursue Fair Compensation After an Airplane Accident?
Airplane accidents are far less common than motor vehicle accidents. However, when they do happen, they can be much more devastating than your typical car wreck. Recovering compensation can also be more complex–especially when multiple parties may share fault.
You’ll want to have an experienced Chicago personal injury attorney on your side.
At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers have been recognized by Super Lawyers and The National Trial Lawyers. We have the skills, experience, and resources to help you maximize your compensation award after an accident.
With our team in your corner, you’ll have a lawyer to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances of the accident
- Collect evidence to establish causation and prove your case value
- Consult medical experts and specialists to understand how the injury impacts your life
- Defend you from any blame-shifting insurance tactics
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for full financial compensation
- File a lawsuit and fight for you in court if necessary
The personal injury process doesn’t have to be as overwhelming as it might now seem. Contact our Chicago personal injury lawyers to learn more about how we’ll help with all legal issues you might encounter.
How Common Are Aviation/Airplane Accidents?
Commercial airline travel is typically a safe way to travel. Disastrous commercial plane crashes are extremely rare. In 2022, of 32.2 million commercial flights, five fatal plane crashes were reported by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
That said, most aircraft in the U.S. are not large commercial planes. As of 2022, about 6,870 commercial planes are registered in the U.S. Over 200,000 “general aviation aircraft” are registered nationwide.
General aviation aircraft are all civil planes that are not commercial aircraft, including:
- Private planes
- Single-prop jets
- Corporate jets
- Air taxis
According to National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) reports, 210 fatal aviation accidents in the United States occurred in 2021. Unfortunately, 344 people were killed in those accidents. Another 946 non-fatal accidents were reported nationwide.
Illinois itself is home to 750 aviation facilities. About 4,800 aircraft are registered in the state of Illinois. If you were injured in a plane accident near Chicago due to someone else’s negligence, our Chicago aviation accident lawyers are here to help you fight for compensation. Give us a call today to learn more.
What Is My Chicago Aviation/Airplane Accident Case Worth?
Most accident victims don’t completely understand how much their case is worth. That gives the insurance company leverage to minimize or downplay their losses.
In reality, all personal injury cases are different. That’s why our legal team at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers takes the time to review your case carefully before submitting a claim for compensation.
Some of the key factors that we will evaluate when we calculate your claim for compensation include:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your prognosis for making a full medical recovery
- The costs incurred due to the injury, including medical treatment costs, rehabilitation, and more
- How the injury impacts your work, considering current lost wages and future lost income
- Whether the injury damages your quality of life
- The circumstances of the crash
Once our lawyers have had a chance to review your case, we can provide you with a detailed estimate. Contact us today to get started.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Plane Accidents in Chicago, IL?
Examples of the types of damages you might recover include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Workers’ compensation benefits if the accident was work-related
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers in Chicago will help you fight to recover fair compensation for all of your economic and non-economic losses. Give us a call today to learn more about how our law firm can help you fight to maximize your settlement or verdict.
What Happens to My Compensation Award if I’m Partly Responsible for an Aviation Accident in Chicago?
Multiple parties can share blame for the same accident. If you were partly to blame, your compensation can be reduced by your share of fault. Other victims can also pursue compensation from you based on your percentage of fault.
Illinois follows a modified comparative negligence law with a 51% bar to recovery. You can recover partial compensation if you were less than 51% responsible for the crash. However, you lose your right to compensation entirely once your share of fault reaches 51%.
Our Chicago Aviation/Airplane Accident Attorneys Fight To Recover Full Compensation for Your Injuries
Plane crashes have the potential to cause life-changing injuries. If you were seriously hurt and it wasn’t your fault, you deserve to be fully compensated.
At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent victims who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Severe burns
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
If you lost a loved one in a fatal accident, our Chicago aviation accident attorneys can also help you file a wrongful death claim to obtain compensation.
What Causes Most Aviation Accidents in Chicago, Illinois?
Most aviation accidents occur during takeoff and landing. During these phases of the flight, the pilot has less time to correct errors, making it more likely that accidents can happen.
That said, some of the most common causes of airplane accidents include:
- General pilot error
- Inexperienced pilots
- Communication errors or failure to communicate with air traffic control
- Mechanical failures
- Faulty equipment
- Mistakes in interpreting flight instructions or safety information
- Drug or alcohol use
- Violation of state and federal aviation regulations
- Failure to maintain the plane in a safe condition
- Defective plane parts
- Design defects with the plane itself
- Fatigued or distracted pilots
- Problems with the plane’s fuel system
Some injuries don’t have anything to do with the operation of the plane. Our lawyers also handle claims involving:
- Slip and fall accidents in the airport, tarmac, or jetway
- Falling luggage from storage bins
- Unruly passengers and violence
It’s even possible that dangerous weather conditions outside of the pilot’s control could have contributed to the cause of your accident.
How Do I Prove Negligence if I Was Injured in an Airplane Accident in Illinois?
Injured parties in Chicago aren’t automatically entitled to compensation. You can only receive compensation if you can prove that someone else was responsible for your injuries. That’s true even when it seems clear that someone else caused your injuries.
Most plane crash victims must prove negligence to recover damages. Negligence means that someone owed you a legal duty of care, breached the duty, and caused your accident.
It will be important to present strong evidence to establish liability. Remember that government plane crash investigations are thorough. The person who owns the plane may already be investigating. Our lawyers are here to help you build the strongest case possible, so call Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers for a free case review today.
How Long Do I Have To File an Aviation Accident Lawsuit After an Aviation Accident in Illinois?
You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Illinois. If you submit your claim for compensation too late, you lose your right to sue for damages entirely.
Note that there are some exceptions to the rule. Further, in aviation accident cases, federal law may govern your case. That makes determining the deadline in your case more challenging.
Contacting an experienced injury lawyer is the best way to preserve your right to compensation. Because investigations into plane crashes can take months, if not longer, to complete, it’s best to call a lawyer quickly if you were injured in an accident.
Arrange a Free Consultation With an Experienced Chicago Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawyer Today
At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers are committed to providing the highest-quality legal representation possible. To learn more about your legal right to compensation after a plane accident, schedule a free consultation with a Chicago aviation/airplane accident lawyer today or call us at (312) 929-2884.
Our personal injury law firm in Chicago, IL, also provides:
- Amusement Park Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Boating Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Burn injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Car Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Catastrophic Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Child Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Construction Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Dog Bite Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Mass Transit Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Motorcycle accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Product Liability Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Train Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Chicago, IL