Your life can change in an instant when you’re injured on a construction site in Chicago, Illinois. The good news is that you may be entitled to compensation. Whether you need to file a lawsuit or a claim for workers’ compensation, the experienced Chicago construction accident lawyers at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers can help you maximize your recovery.
We’ve been supporting and advocating on behalf of injured construction workers in Chicago for more than a decade. Collectively, our top-rated attorneys have 30+ years of experience litigating complex construction accident cases like yours. Since our founding, we’ve helped our clients win tens of millions of dollars in benefits, private settlements, and jury awards.
Give yourself every opportunity to get the money you deserve after a construction accident in Chicago. Don´t hesitate to contact us. Give us a call at our law office (312) 929-2884 to set up a free consultation and discover why you’ll want Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers fighting for you.
How Our Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Construction Accident
Are you covered by workers’ compensation benefits? Are you limited to workers’ compensation, or can you also seek damages through a lawsuit? What happens if someone tries to blame you for your construction accident? How much is your construction accident case worth?
These are all questions you’re likely to have after being hurt on a Chicago construction site. Now isn’t the time to tackle them on your own. After all, you’re going to face tough competition as you work toward a meaningful financial recovery. Insurance companies, employers, and at-fault parties aren’t going to make things easy for you.
Fortunately, our Chicago personal injury lawyers are here to help.
We’ll stand up and fight to make sure that your story is told. We won’t hesitate before challenging the most powerful employers and insurance providers in the city of Chicago. When you’re our client, you benefit from the full force and extent of our resources, experience, and passion for making things right.
Focus on recovering from your construction accident injuries while we:
- Independently investigate the details of your construction accident
- Analyze evidence obtained through our investigation and throughout the discovery process – including accident reports, training policies, reports of OSHA safety violations, photographs, video recordings of the accident, witness statements, and more
- Bring in construction industry specialists and experts to provide additional insight into your case
- Defend against allegations of shared fault, when necessary
- Handle settlement negotiations with your employer’s insurance company and other parties on your behalf
- Prepare to litigate your construction accident lawsuit at trial
We know that a construction accident can be incredibly expensive. You’re faced with mounting medical bills, all while your income comes to a grinding halt. That’s why we represent injured construction workers on a contingency fee basis. We don’t get paid for our hard work unless we win your construction accident case.
Learn more about our legal services and your rights to compensation by getting in touch with a member of our legal team in Chicago, IL, today. We’re here to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How Common Are Construction Accidents in Illinois?
Every year, thousands of construction workers are injured while working on job sites in Chicago and across the State of Illinois.
In 2021, more than 4,300 construction workers sustained some type of injury while working on Illinois job sites.
That’s about 11.7 construction accidents a day statewide. In cities like Chicago, where something is always seemingly under construction, rates of injuries are likely the highest.
Unfortunately, not everyone who is involved in a construction accident in Chicago survives their injuries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, at least 20 construction workers were killed on the job in Illinois in 2020. This reflected a drop from the year prior when 31 Illinois construction workers were involved in fatal accidents.
We Handle All Types of Construction Accident Cases
At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we have decades of experience representing injured construction workers in cases involving:
- Trenching accidents
- Excavation accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Ladder accidents
- Crushed by falling object accidents
- Falls from heights
- Slip and fall accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Crane accidents
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
Our extensive experience handling a variety of construction injury claims can be a huge benefit to you as you work toward a meaningful financial recovery. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our construction accident attorneys in Chicago for help today.
What Are the Leading Causes of Construction Accidents in Chicago?
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, there are four primary causes of fatal construction accidents.
Known as the “fatal four,” they are:
- Struck by an object
- Caught in/between objects
These account for more than half of all fatal construction accidents annually.
But why do these things happen on Chicago construction sites? Ultimately, they’re usually a consequence of negligence or carelessness.
Often, construction accidents happen because:
- Workers don’t have the appropriate experience or training to do their jobs safely
- Employers fail to provide adequate fall protection for construction workers
- Workers do not have appropriate safety equipment
- Construction equipment is not inspected regularly or properly maintained
Many times, violations of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) safety regulations and policies contribute to construction accidents in Chicago.
Common Construction Accident Injuries
Whether you’re an electrician, plumber, roofer, carpenter, pipefitter, mason, or another type of construction worker, you work in one of the most dangerous industries in the nation.
Even a relatively minor accident on a job site can cause serious and potentially life-changing injuries.
Our construction accident attorneys in Chicago advocate for laborers who have suffered:
- Vision or hearing loss
- Eye injury
- Facial injury
- Nerve damage
- Crush injury
- Chest injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Sprains and strains
- Bruising and contusions
- Catastrophic injury
Our wrongful death attorneys also advocate on behalf of families who have lost loved ones in fatal Chicago construction accidents.
What Compensation Can I Recover If I’m Hurt While Working in Construciton in Chicago?
Since construction accidents are work-related incidents, you’ll typically have two potential options for recovering compensation: workers’ compensation benefits and damages in a lawsuit.
Workers’ compensation benefits are available regardless of who caused your construction accident and can help to offset the costs of your medical treatment and lost income. However, they’re limited in scope and subject to statutory caps. In other words, you’ll only be able to recover a fraction of what your construction accident case is worth through a claim for workers’ compensation benefits.
You may be prohibited from filing a lawsuit against your employer if you collect workers’ comp, but that doesn’t preclude you from suing other at-fault parties.
Potentially liable parties might include:
- Property owners
- Other construction workers
- General contractors
- Manufacturers of defective work equipment
Through a civil construction accident lawsuit, you can seek compensation for your financial losses and injury-related hardships.
These are known as economic damages and non-economic damages, and might include money for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced quality of life
- Nursing care
- Emotional distress
- Out-of-pocket costs
Punitive damages can also be sought in a civil lawsuit, but only if there’s clear and convincing evidence that you were injured because of another person’s intentionally harmful or grossly negligent actions.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Construction Accident in Illinois?
The length of time you’ll have to pursue compensation will ultimately depend on the type of claim you file.
If you seek workers’ compensation benefits, you’ll have three years from the date you sustained your construction injury to pursue compensation. Of course, you’ll need to tell your employer about your accident within 45 days to preserve your right to compensation.
If you decide to file a construction accident lawsuit, a two-year statute of limitations will apply.
You don’t want to allow too much time to pass by after your Chicago construction accident. The statute of limitations will run out, and once that happens, you’ll lose the right to secure much-needed compensation.
Set Up a Free Consultation With an Experienced Chicago Construction Accident Lawyer
You deserve to be compensated if you’ve recently been injured on a construction site in Chicago, Illinois. Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers can help you stand up and assert your rights.
Our Chicago construction accident lawyers have decades of experience advocating on behalf of injured workers across the city. We’re ready to take on your employer, their insurance company, and other liable parties on your behalf, working hard to ensure that you’re properly compensated for the costs of your injuries and suffering.
Call our law office to put our award-winning Chicago construction accident attorneys in your corner. Your first consultation is free, so connect with a member of our legal team to get started today.
Our personal injury law firm in Chicago, IL, also provides:
- Amusement Park Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Aviation/Airplane Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Boating Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Burn injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Car Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Catastrophic Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Child Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Dog Bite Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Mass Transit Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Motorcycle accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Product Liability Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Train Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Chicago, IL