The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that over one-third of car accidents are rear-end accidents. Congested traffic in Chicago, IL increases the likelihood of rear-end crashes. The harsh winters and frequent ice and other precipitation also increases the likelihood of these accidents.
If you were in a rear-end car crash, it is important you have the help of a lawyer who can explain your legal rights and options. Our Chicago rear-end crash lawyers at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
How Can A Chicago Rear-End Crash Lawyer Help?
The days and weeks after a car accident can be overwhelming. The Chicago, Illinois accident lawyers at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help you with every aspect of your case. Our zealous legal advocacy has resulted in tens of millions of dollars in our client’s pockets. Our legal team has over 30 years of experience in and out of the courtroom.
When you hire a Chicago car accident lawyer from Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help by:
- Walking through your legal options during a free case review
- Gathering strong evidence to support your case
- Building a personalized legal strategy for your case
- Handling communication with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Fighting for your fair financial recovery
If you would like more information about how our firm can help with your Chicago, Illinois rear-end accident claim, contact us for a free and confidential consultation.
Why Do Rear-End Accidents Occur In Chicago, Illinois?
Rear-end accidents are often the result of negligence. Drivers are expected to act responsibly and take reasonable steps to avoid accidents, such as ensuring there is enough space between them and other vehicles.
Negligent actions that often lead to rear-end accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Following too closely
- Impaired driving
If someone else’s negligence caused your accident, you should not have to pay for the consequences. Turn to a skilled Chicago rear-end accident lawyer for help pursuing the compensation you need for your injuries.
What Kinds of Injuries Do Rear-End Accidents Cause?
While many people associate rear-ends accidents with minor injuries, these collisions often represent more than mere fender benders. A European Spine Journal study found that serious car accident injuries can occur at low speeds, such as 7 to 10 mph. Of course, as the speed increases, so does the severity of the injury.
Rear-end accidents often lead to the following injuries:
Whiplash occurs when the head is forcefully thrown back and forth, a common motion in a rear-end accident. Whiplash can lead to serious injuries to the spine, nerves, ligaments, discs, and muscles.
Symptoms of whiplash include:
- Stiffness in the neck
- Neck pain
- Increased neck pain upon movement
- Loss of range of motion
- Tenderness and/or pain in the shoulders, back, or arms
- Numbness or tingling in the arms
- Dull headache
- Blurry vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Difficulty sleeping
- Problems concentrating or remembering
These symptoms may not appear immediately after the accident, so it is important to monitor for them in the days and weeks following an accident.
Rear-end accidents are a leading cause of concussions. This traumatic brain injury is typically caused by a blow to the head. This can happen in a rear-end crash when the vehicle occupant hits their head on:
- The steering wheel
- The dashboard
- A seat in front of them
- A window
- Another hard object
In some cases, a concussion can happen even if there is no impact with a fixed object, such as if the brain hits the inside of the skull.
Symptoms of a concussion can range from mild symptoms to severe symptoms, including:
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Problems concentrating or remembering
Traumatic brain injuries require prompt medical treatment for an effective diagnosis and treatment plan.
Discs are located between spinal vertebrae. A disc is known as herniated if a disc slips out of place or is ruptured. This can irritate a nerve and experience any of the following in the extremities:
These are just a few of the common injuries associated with rear-end car accidents. If you are experiencing any pain or other symptoms, seek prompt medical attention for a proper diagnosis.
What Is My Rear-End Accident Claim Worth In Chicago, IL?
Rear-end accident injuries can disrupt your working life and personal relationships. They can also cause intense pain and a need for ongoing medical care. You can seek fair compensation for the damages you suffer because of someone else’s negligence, which may include payment for:
- Medical expenses – You may be able to recover compensation for medical bills you incurred for emergency transportation, hospitalization, emergency treatment, doctor visits, specialist care, rehabilitation, medication, physical therapy, and future medical care.
- Lost wages – You can seek compensation for wages you lost while recovering from your injuries or seeking medical treatment, as well as any reduced earning capacity caused by your injuries.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, you can seek compensation for this loss as well.
- Out-of-pocket expenses – You may incur additional costs for travel to medical appointments, rental car expenses, parking costs, modifications to your home or vehicle to accommodate a disability, and other out-of-pocket expenses. You can pursue compensation for these losses, too.
- Pain and suffering – You can seek a reasonable amount of compensation for the physical and emotional harm you endured because of the accident and your injuries.
An experienced car accident lawyer can give you a better idea about the potential damages you may be able to recover.
Contact A Chicago Auto Accident Lawyer For Help Today
If you need assistance with your car accident claim, reach out to an experienced Chicago rear-end crash lawyer today. We can put decades of experience behind your claim and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers today for your free case review with a skilled personal injury lawyer.