Making a left-hand turn is often risky. It requires concentration and attention, which many drivers, unfortunately, neglect to consider.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident involving a left turn in Chicago, IL, we can help. Our Chicago left-turn accident lawyers at Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers have extensive knowledge and experience in personal injury law and car accident cases in particular.
Contact our law offices today to schedule a free consultation. Our auto accident lawyers will review your case, provide an honest assessment, and offer some initial recommendations. We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we win compensation for you. Call us today at (312) 929 2884.
How Can Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Help Me After a Left-Turn Accident in Chicago, Illinois?
Left turns can be complicated. Crossing lanes, ensuring correct timing with oncoming traffic, and the general confusion that often surrounds intersections make left-hand turns dangerous and accident-prone.
At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we consider clients family and take pride in our client-centered approach. You’re not just another number to us—we care about the outcome of your case.
When you choose our Chicago car accident attorneys to represent you in your left-turn accident case, we will handle the following:
- Conducting an independent inquiry into the accident
- Gathering and examining evidence
- Consulting top Chicago experts
- Evaluating your damages and building a legal strategy
- Negotiating to maximize your settlement
- Representing you at trial if a fair settlement is not possible or if the insurance company denies your claim
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today in Chicago, Illinois. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin building a strong case. When the insurance company sees that you’re ready to take them to court, they are more likely to want to settle.
Call us today to arrange your free consultation with one of our Chicago personal injury lawyers. Let us show you what we can do for you.
Why Are Left-Turn Accidents So Dangerous?
Left-hand turns can be dangerous for a variety of reasons. These could include the following:
- Crossing multiple oncoming traffic lanes increases the risk of a crash, especially if the driver miscalculates timing.
- Drivers making left-hand turns may have low visibility due to obstructions such as buildings or trees—making it challenging to spot oncoming vehicles or pedestrians.
- Left-hand turns often require concentration to deal with several moving parts. Navigating the turn safely means drivers cannot be distracted by texting, talking to passengers, or adjusting the radio or GPS.
- If there is not enough room to make a clear left-hand turn, drivers risk hitting oncoming traffic or hitting stopped traffic in the perpendicular lane.
Trying to beat a dedicated green arrow also risks an accident during a left-hand turn.
At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we know all the issues related to left-hand turn accidents, which means we know what to look for in identifying the cause of the accident that resulted in your injuries.
What Injuries Could Occur in a Left-Hand Turn Accident?
As with most accidents, injuries often depend on the circumstances surrounding the crash. For example, the size of vehicles and the speed at which the vehicles were traveling can play a part in whether injuries are relatively mild or are severe enough to cause lifelong problems – even death.
Left-hand turn injuries could include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts and bruises
- Sprains and strains
- Brain injuries
- Chest injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
No matter your injuries, our lawyers will be certain to take everything into account in calculating your total damages and the amount of compensation you should seek.
Call today to get the process started.
What Damages Are Available After a Left-Turn Accident in Chicago, IL?
In personal injury cases, damages are contingent on the case and circumstances.
Compensatory damages are designed to make the injured party whole. They are typically broken into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages include financial losses such as medical bills, lost income, property damage, and other tangible monetary losses stemming directly from the injury.
- Non-economic damages cover intangible, personal losses such as emotional distress, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, reduced quality of life, and deformation.
Punitive damages are designed to punish the defendant and deter others from similar actions. These damages are possible in cases where the defendant’s behavior was particularly egregious, reckless, or malicious.
Contact Our Chicago Car Wreck Attorney for a Free Case Evaluation
Car accidents are devastating and have a significant impact on your life. At Attorneys of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers, we know the toll accidents can take. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to help Chicago accident injury victims get the money they need for their recovery.
There’s no need to worry about whether you can afford the services of our Chicago left-turn accident lawyers. With our contingency fee arrangement, you owe us no attorney’s fees unless we are able to secure a financial award on your behalf.